Seth Trachtman updates 2015 category sleepers and provides a quick look at some early ADP bargains.

View full post on Yahoo Sports – MLB – Cincinnati Reds News

Post info: By Larkin01 on January 28th, 2015
Comments: Be the First to Comment »
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NBA Kobe Bryant will have surgery Wednesday on his torn right rotator cuff, likely ending his 19th season with the Los Angeles Lakers. The Lakers will announce a timetable for Bryant’s recovery after surgery, but coach Byron Scott anticipates losing the third-leading scorer in NBA history for the rest of the year. ”He’s a trooper, so we pray for him that his return will be sooner rather than later.” Bryant’s torn rotator cuff is likely his third straight season-ending injury. He missed the 2013 playoffs with a torn Achilles tendon, and he played just six games last season before breaking a bone near his left knee.

View full post on Yahoo Sports – MLB – Cincinnati Reds News

Post info: By Larkin01 on January 27th, 2015
Comments: Be the First to Comment »
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View full post on Yahoo Sports – MLB – Cincinnati Reds News

Post info: By Larkin01 on January 27th, 2015
Comments: Comments Off
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All-Star catcher Devin Mesoraco has agreed to a $28 million, four-year contract with Cincinnati, leaving the Reds with two players in salary arbitration. His 24 homers while catching were the most by a Reds player since Johnny Bench din 1977. Third baseman Todd Frazier and closer Aroldis Chapman – also All-Stars last season – remain in arbitration.

View full post on Yahoo Sports – MLB – Cincinnati Reds News

Post info: By Larkin01 on January 26th, 2015
Comments: Comments Off
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Atlanta Braves and outfielder Jonny Gomes agreed Thursday to a $4 million, one-year contract with a vesting option, a deal subject to a successful physical before it can be finalized. Gomes, who played for Boston and Oakland in 2014, could be part of a left field platoon in a new-look outfield. He could share time with former Yankees prospect Zoilo Almonte, a switch-hitter who signed as a free agent. Gomes, 34, hit only .234 with a career-low six homers for Boston and Oakland last year.

View full post on Yahoo Sports – MLB – Cincinnati Reds News

Post info: By Larkin01 on January 24th, 2015
Comments: Comments Off
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Billy Hamilton set a Reds rookie record by stealing 56 bases last season, tied for second-most overall in the major leagues. So the 6-foot, 160-pound outfielder is on a weight-lifting regimen this offseason, trying to make his body ready for the extra wear-and-tear of a major league season. ”This offseason I’ve had a chance to do stuff like that,” Hamilton said on Thursday, before the start of the team’s annual media caravan to nearby cities. I’m not a power hitter, but I want to be stronger than last year.” He took the National League by surprise during his first promotion in September 2013, batting .368 for the month and stealing 13 bases while getting caught only once.

View full post on Yahoo Sports – MLB – Cincinnati Reds News

Post info: By Larkin01 on January 23rd, 2015
Comments: Comments Off
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Pete Rose is only banned from Major League Baseball when it’s convenient? That seems to be the takeaway from the latest news about the 2015 MLB All-Star game, which is going to be held this July at Cincinnati’s Great American Ball Park. Reds owner Bob Castellini told fans Thursday at a Q & A that Pete Rose, baseball’s embattled hit king, will be a part of the All-Star game. Here’s the exact quote, via Mark Sheldon of MLB.com : Answering a fan question at Q&A, Castellini said “You’ll definitely see Pete Rose at the All-Star Game this year.” #reds — Mark Sheldon (@m_sheldon) January 22, 2015 We knew this was a possibility, because Commissioner Bud Selig left the door open for it at last year’s All-Star game in Minnesota. But it’s still a can of worms for MLB, particularly for new commish Rob Manfred, who takes over for Selig on Sunday.  So, Hall of Fame? Nope, sorry, Pete, you’re banned. Buuuuuuuut you can totally come help us celebrate the All-Star game and get people to buy hats and T-shirts and stuff. Seems a little backward. If baseball recognizes that Rose is important to the game and can be an ambassador when one of its largest events comes to Cincinnati, then maybe they should reconsider his banning in a larger scope? Rose was a guest on Yahoo Sports Radio earlier this week (clip up top) and said he didn’t know anything specific about his involvement in the All-Star game, but he was certainly open to it. “If I am, it’s news to me,” Rose said. “To be part of the All-Star game would be great for me.” Don’t take the words of the Reds owner as an indication that MLB is thinking one way or another about reinstating Rose. They’ve brought him back before, including in 1999 for the All-Century Team . It’s pretty simple: They know Rose will show up, trying to make nice —and fans will love it. But that doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll be getting another call soon. More MLB coverage from Yahoo Sports: – - – - – - – Mike Oz is an editor for Big League Stew on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at mikeozstew@yahoo.com or follow him on Twitter! Follow @MikeOz

View full post on Yahoo Sports – MLB – Cincinnati Reds News

Post info: By Larkin01 on January 23rd, 2015
Comments: Comments Off
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CINCINNATI (AP) — The Cincinnati Reds and right-hander Jason Marquis have reached agreement on a minor league contract that includes an invite to spring training.

View full post on Yahoo Sports – MLB – Cincinnati Reds News

Post info: By Larkin01 on January 22nd, 2015
Comments: Comments Off
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today we’ll get ready for the 2015 MLB season with a team-by-team bullpen audit.

View full post on Yahoo Sports – MLB – Cincinnati Reds News

Post info: By Larkin01 on January 21st, 2015
Comments: Comments Off
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All-time hits leader Pete Rose hopes he will get a second chance from incoming commissioner Rob Manfred after suffering a 25-year ban from Major League Baseball and a place in the Hall of Fame for gambling on the sport. Manfred will take over as MLB chief from Bud Selig, whose 22-year reign ends on Saturday. Rose was barred for life from baseball by Commissioner Bart Giamatti in 1989 after an investigation into allegations he had broken baseball’s cardinal rule by gambling on games while manager of the Cincinnati Reds. The man whose intensity earned him the nickname “Charlie Hustle” as a player, proclaimed his innocence for 15 years before admitting in 2004 he had bet on games though never against his own team.

View full post on Yahoo Sports – MLB – Cincinnati Reds News

Post info: By Larkin01 on January 21st, 2015
Comments: Comments Off
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next Page »